Over 1600 veterinarians and vet nurses across Australia have chosen a career with our well established client. Their vets and vet nurses benefit from the resources that the largest veterinary group in Australia provides including an industry leading education program, business support for better work/life balance and career opportunities throughout the 130 plus veterinary related businesses in the group. Your passion for pets will be exemplified by practicing the highest standards of care and they invite you to join them for a rewarding and fulfilling career.
A rare and exciting opportunity exists for a Full Time Specialist Surgeon to join the team in South Tamworth NSW
Tamworth (pop 55,000) is a rapidly growing, large country city in north-west NSW, located on the edge of the New England Ranges. Tamworth offers a blend of relaxed rural ambience with cosmopolitan living. Tamworth is known for its pleasure horse industry, Country Music, Regional Conservatorium of Music, regional teaching Hospital and the Australian Equine and Livestock Events Centre (the largest in the southern hemisphere). Its location and facilities make Tamworth a focus for agribusiness, business, entertainment, education, the arts, health care, aeronautical training and sport.
The Hospital sees first opinion and referral cases from around 60 other practices, the latter comprising around 50% of their case load. Referrals are mostly surgical consisting of a wide range of orthopaedic, neurological, oncological and soft tissue cases. They have a full time specialist in anaesthesia and intensive care and a visiting Ophthalmologist specialist.
The hospital is in a purpose built facility. They are equipped to referral hospital standards, with: Datex multigas/BP/ECG monitors, ventilators, new Esoate Colour flow doppler ultrasound, ISTAT blood gases, RxWorks and eFilm software, digital radiology including CR, GE C arm fluoroscopy, GE CT scanner, new Eklin PACS server, digital flexible and rigid endoscopy, Leica operating microscope, extensive orthopaedic instrumentation (Synthes, IMMEX, Ilazarov, SOP kits, Arthrex arthroscopy equipment), Getinge autoclav and two surgical theatres. They also have highly qualified and supportive nursing staff.
They host TAFE veterinary nursing courses. Each year they run several weekend CE accredited courses for veterinarians, recent courses include: Neurology, Abdominal Ultrasonography and Internal medicine. Further education, special interests and clinical research are encouraged
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
• Driving the company strategy throughout the business in areas including client and patient care, human resources and financial management
• Ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures
• Leading the team of Veterinarians in both surgical and medical best practice and undertaking procedures
Our ideal candidate will possess the following skills and expertise:
• A minimum of 5 years qualifications/experience as a Veterinary Surgeon
• An extensive knowledge and understanding of veterinary practice
• Ability to lead and motivate your team and build rapport with clients
• Exceptional organisation and communication skills
• A desire to grow your Practice to the best it can possibly be!
What you will be offered:
• Attractive remuneration package – negotiable and commensurate with experience
• Commitment to your career development through access to continued education, including an internal CE Veterinary program, ongoing mentorship and regular performance reviews
• Annual AVA + VIN Membership
• Access to a support network of like-minded professionals
• A dynamic and supportive team environment
• An interesting and varied role + so much more!